Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spring

I have a love/hate relationship with Spring.  I'm glad that Winter is over and that the days are getting longer, but then there are the issues of allergies and taxes.  Both give me an uncomfortable feeling in my head.

Nice weather also means that Mary will dream up outside projects.  Yesterday and today, I worked on building and digging in a raised bed garden area for her.   It's not really a raised bed.  More like a boxed in area (7' x 9').  I am stiff and sore and have an oversized, black and blue pinkie where an errant hammer landed.  I know I getting old.  Manhandling a piece of 2" x 8" x 10' weather treated lumber is starting to feel like work.

Today was the last day for Jim Folk at Scuba Venture, after 20 years as the store manager.  He is moving on to bigger and better things.  I wish him luck.  I'll miss stopping in to discuss Photoshop and scuba and sundry other topics.

It's only 8:00 pm, but I'm ready for a hot soak and an early bed.  I'll probably stay up to my usual 11:00 pm bedtime, however.

No comments: