Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My computer adventure has begun. My first purchase is a Thermaltake Armor Plus case (steel). I got it at Amazon, so I could take six months to pay it off.

I chose the Armor Plus for several reasons
  • It is a full tower case, which allows for good air circulation and good cooling. I didn't want to get into liquid cooling at this time, but this case will allow me to go that route in the future
  • On the top front, there are headphone and mic jacks, eSATA, Firewire, and four USB ports.
  • There is room for six 5.25" front loading drives, one 3.5" front loading drive, and seven hidden 3.5" drives
  • The motherboard is removable for easy assembly and there is a cable management system

The down side is the weight, which is 37 pounds. The aluminum case is 22 pounds, but costs about $50 more.

Stay tuned for further adventures in my computer assembly project.

No comments: