Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Wright 3

While at Graycliff, I bought a book for my grandson, Alex.


It is The Wright 3 by Blue Balliett. It's a mystery involving three 12 year olds and the Frank Lloyd Wright Robie House, located in Chicago.


Of course, I had to read it, in case Alex wanted to discuss it. I think it's a great read, in the vein of the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Trixie Belden, Harriet the Spy, and others of this genre.


I read about pentominoes, Fibonacci Numbers, The Invisible Man (book), Rear Window (movie) and lot of other stuff. I even had break a coded message.


If you have a child in this age range, I recommend this book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read Chasing Vermeer and thought it was cute. I'll check this out based on your recommendation (and the fact that you mentioned Trixie Belden in your post)!